Monday, September 6, 2010

Week 32. Really Fruit-y Cupcakes

I've had this recipe in my binder for a while...basically just waiting until I got a blender! And then it worked really awkwardly..but I just did what I could.



Really Fruit-y Cupcakes

4 oz frozen fruit (I used raspberries)
1 egg
1/4 cup flour
1/8 cup sugar
3 squares of white chocolate

Puree raspberries in a blender and press through a sieve to remove seeds. Beat egg and sugar until white and foamy. Add raspberry puree and flour and mix on lowest speed for a few seconds to incorporate.
Grease and flour cupcake pan and pour batter in. Or use cupcake cups. Place one square of chocolate on top of each cupcake and press it inside with a toothpick.
Bake in a preheated oven on 200 degrees CELSIUS for about 7-8 mins.

**Hannah's Hints**

* Ok, this is the most awkward recipe ever. YES, it was all in metric making it very difficult to switch over.

* I put too many raspberries in because I approximated, but it was ok. Aaaand...I didn't put it through a sieve because I didn't care about seeds in the cupcakes.

* YES, this recipe does yield 3 cupcakes. Silly. I managed to get 4. But I chopped up the white chocolate squares so they weren't so big.

* These were surprisingly good, considering the craziness of them- very potent. Yum.

* I used the Snickerdoodle icing for these...because I love it:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment